Reports to: Director Program Management and Operations
Location: 167 Dwight Road, Suite 302, Longmeadow, MA 01106 or to be determined.
Objectives of the Role:
The Project Manager serves as principal liaison between clients of Hampden Park Capital & Consulting (HPCC), the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and other funding sources to assist clients in fulfilling their missions to create and preserve affordable housing.
This is a full-time position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management and Client Interaction
- Manages a portfolio of HPPC’s projects from initial client conversations to project completion. Projects include the following:
- Creates applications for Rental Assistance, Preservation, and New Construction initiatives under programs, including, but not limited to: HUD’s RAD Second Component (including RAD for PRAC), HUD’s Section 202 Supportive Housing for the Elderly Program, and the obtainment of new project-based rental assistance under HUD Notices H 2018-02 and H 2019-02.
- Contributes to the underwriting and mortgage credit review processes, from concept meeting through closing, on loan applications submitted under HPCC’s suite of FHA/HUD-insured loan programs, including the performance of comprehensive financial analysis.
- Creates and assists clients in submitting Section 8/HAP contract renewal packages under the various options available in the Section 8 Renewal Guide, and guides projects through to HAP contract execution.
- Actively identifies funding opportunities, project scopes, and determines project feasibility.
- Clearly and concisely presents the key strengths and weaknesses of projects.
- Routinely communicates with clients and outside parties to obtain and clarify information on a timely basis and resolve outstanding issues.
- Routinely applies “Best Practices” by adopting new strategies that help to increase efficiencies and improve clients’ experience.
- Ensures all project participants are consistently working towards the same goals and timelines.
- Works closely with HUD and other funding counterparts throughout each phase of a project.
- Provides HPCC staff with a weekly status update on each project. Works closely and openly with the HPCC team to discuss issues and suggested solutions.
- Move projects forward in a timely and efficient manner to contribute to the goals and objectives of HPCC.
- Attends site visits, openings, conferences and other functions as necessary.
- Provide guidance and training to other staff.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills Needed:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a major or substantial coursework in accounting, finance or economics is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant multifamily and affordable housing project management experience is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience with FHA/HUD multifamily or health care lending programs is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with HAP contract renewals under the Section 8 Renewal Guide and implementation of new project-based voucher (PBV) and project based rental assistance (PBRA) contracts is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data quickly, make decisions based on imperfect information, and take actions in order to assist the team in moving projects forward.
- Highly developed writing, analytical, research, and oral presentation skills.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and a proven ability to multitask and to meet challenging deadlines.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
- Dedication to serving HPCC’s mission driven clients and fulfilling HPCC’s mission of expanding the stock of affordable housing, particularly for seniors.
- High integrity, internal drive to achieve, and strong intellectual curiosity.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe.
- Competitive with the industry and commensurate with prior experience.
Hampden Park Capital & Consulting (HPCC) is a nationally recognized capital provider and housing consultant that assists mission driven organizations in developing and operating an array of innovative housing and financing solutions. We are committed to delivering premier professional services and ongoing support, allowing our clients to successfully provide individuals with affordable, secure, and enriched living environments. Our focus is on assisting organizations that primarily serve low-income seniors. We are able to offer clients a seamless “one-stop shop” transition from our housing consultant services to our FHA insured mortgage banking services. We are proud to have provided housing and/or financing services to over 12,000 units dedicated to low-income seniors all across the country.
Mission Statement: To create and preserve affordable housing in partnership with mission driven organizations.
Vision Statement: A world in which everyone lives in a comfortable, safe, and stable home.